My sister hosted Thanksgiving this year and asked me to bring a type of dessert. I decided to make Peanut Butter Blossom cookies because I knew they would look nice on her dessert table and they are delicious. (Who doesn’t like chocolate & peanut butter??) To make the cookies a little more festive, I used a mixture of milk chocolate kisses, caramel kisses, and white chocolate hugs. All of the desserts were delicious!
Recipe from: Hershey’s
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.