For as long as I can remember, my family and I have been making Chocolate Crinkles during the holidays. They are one of our favorite kinds of Christmas cookies, and every December we get together to bake these cookies (as well as a few other family favorites). These cookies are moist, chewy, chocolatey, and delicious!
Recipe from: Betty Crocker
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted & cooled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Makes: 6 dozen cookies