Fall is Here!
I love Fall for many reasons. Here are a few things I like about this season, in no particular order.
- Yummy soups & stews– Soup is one of my favorite things to make when the weather is colder. This recipe for Beef Bourguignon (beef stew with red wine) is fantastic! And a few of my favorite soups are butternut squash, creamy tomato, and minestrone. There is nothing better than a hot bowl of homemade soup on a chilly night!
- Hot Coffee – During the summer I drink mostly iced coffee or iced lattes, but when Fall rolls around I like to switch back to hot coffees. I am also excited to try a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks!
- The Holidays – I love, love, love the holidays! Specifically, all the decorating and baking that goes along with them. I can’t wait to decorate my house and bake my favorite Christmas cookies.
- Fireplaces & fall-scented candles – This is the time of year that I get to burn my favorite fall & holiday candles – cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg, & apple cider!
- Sweaters & scarves – I love cozy sweaters, and cute scarves are one of my favorite accessories. I can’t wait until it is cold enough to wear them again!
- The snow – It doesn’t snow where I live, but every year we visit Lake Tahoe to ski & have fun in the snow.
And just for fun, here are a few photos of the Fall sugar cookies I made. The inspiration for these cookies came from the blog Bake at 350.