This chocolate frosting went perfectly with the white cupcakes that I made last weekend. It was sweet, chocolaty, fluffy, and creamy- so yummy! As a finishing touch, I topped the frosted cupcakes with some cute and colorful sprinkles. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (plus extra if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a work bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa powder together and gradually add to the butter, beating well after each addition.
- Add the cream and vanilla and beat until well blended and fluffy. If frosting is too thick, add more cream, a little bit at a time, beating after each addition until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe from: Epicurious