A great way to cook asparagus is to roast it. I often steam vegetables, but sometimes I get bored of using my steamer basket day after day, and this is another one of my favorite ways to cook asparagus. It’s really easy to do, and roasting imparts such great flavor. After the asparagus is done roasting, drizzle it with a little lemon juice and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, and you have a delicious and healthy side dish that’s ready in less than 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb asparagus spears (thick spears are best for roasting)
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard.
- Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the spears and roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly distributed.
- Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice before serving, and add a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese for an extra touch.
Recipe adapted from: Simply Recipes
For more information on roasting vegetables, click here.