If you like chocolate and peanut butter, then you will love these peanut butter chocolate chip bars. They taste like peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, but because they are in bar form, they only take a few minutes to mix up. And while they bake, they will make your house smell amazing! They are the perfect thing to make for dessert or a snack. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8 x 8″ pan.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips, stirring until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30- 32 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Source: slightly adapted from Bake at 350; originally adapted from The King Arthur Flour’s Cookie Companion