Roasted carrots are one of my favorite basic side dishes. They are incredibly easy to make, and they’re a nice alternative to steamed carrots. These carrots are simply seasoned with some olive oil, salt and pepper. If you have parsley handy, then you can add some of that too, but it’s not necessary. These carrots are the perfect side dish for almost any dinner!
- 6 carrots
- 1 ½ tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole. Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 ½-inch-thick slices. (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.) Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- If desired, toss the carrots with minced parsley. Season to taste with salt & pepper, and serve.
Source: Ina Garten, the Food Network