I am happy to report that I have finally found the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe! Before finding this little gem, I tried a couple of mediocre recipes. In my opinion, the perfect peanut butter cookie must be soft, chewy, and flavorful. The other two recipes I tried resulted in crunchy cookies, which is the opposite of what I was hoping for. After the first two recipes I tried (both from cookbooks that I own) failed to produce a soft and chewy cookie, I turned to the internet to look for a new recipe. And what better way to find a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie recipe than to Google “Soft & Chewy peanut butter cookies” ?! Several search results came up, and I came across this one. With 39 five-star reviews, this Mrs. Field’s recipe sounded promising.
After making these cookies, this recipe certainly wins my seal of approval! These peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy and perfectly peanut butter flavored. And they are so easy to make too. Both of the other recipes I tried required you to roll the cookie dough into balls and then into sugar… which is a lot of extra work if you ask me. For this recipe, I just used my 1-inch cookie scoop to measure out the dough balls, placed them on the cookie sheet, and baked them- so much easier than having to roll each dough ball into sugar! The hardest part about making this recipe is that the cookies must bake for 20 minutes, so that means you have to wait 20 minutes to eat one! :/ But trust me, they are worth the wait. :)
Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda & salt) together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla extract; beat until fluffy. On low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until just mixed into the butter mixture (do not overmix)!
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful, 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned, approximately 18-20 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheets and let cool.
- Do not over bake the cookies or they won’t be soft and chewy.
- The dough for these cookies is really soft. I recommend chilling it in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before baking the cookies, and it will be much easier to work with!
Yield: 3-4 dozen cookies (depending on size)
Source: slightly adapted from Food.com
One Year Ago: Lemony Couscous with Peas and Chicken